geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo disk footprint growth at startup
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:49:49 GMT

Bruce Snyder wrote:

> The size of the recovery log can be scaled down through it's
> configuration in the doc/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml. The following
> steps outline the process of changing the Geronimo configuration:
>
> 1) Stop the server
> 2) Edit the j2ee-server-plan.xml to experiment with the HOWL configuration
> 3) Distribute the changed plan:
>
>     bin/deploy.sh --user system --password manager distribute
> doc/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml
>
> 4) Start the server
>
> Please experiment with this and report your findings. But also
> remember that by default Geronimo is running a full J2EE
> configuration. Smaller devices will most likely not be running the
> full J2EE stack, but rather some smaller subset.
>
> Bruce

Hmmm.. The only entries in j2ee-server-plan.xml that seems relevant is
the HOWLTransactionLog gbean and it specifies the file
var/txlog/howl*.log.   Changing/distributing the changed properties
associated with this gBean either have no effect on the
var/activemq/journal/log*.dat or cause the server startup to fail...

However, in the plan system-activemq-plan.xml.. I found the following
gbean for the journal that seems to define the journal directory though
have found no properties to control the size of the log-000*.dat file.

<gbean name="ActiveMQ.journal"
class="org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapterGBean">
         <!--TODO change to ServerInfo -->
         <reference
         <attribute name="directory">var/activemq/journal</attribute>
         <attribute name="journalType">default</attribute>
         <reference
name="longTermPersistence"><gbean-name>geronimo.server:j2eeType=JMSPersistence,name=ActiveMQ.jdbc,*</gbean-name></reference>
     </gbean>

Thoughts?