geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo disk footprint growth at startup
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:24:15 GMT

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bruce.. A few followup questions..
>>
>> Is there any bound on how large these files can grow or a way to
>> configure a smaller value for the recovery log?
>

> I don't believe the files grow at all.  IIRC the logger preallocates
> the files so it is fast.
>
>> Why does a simple server startup require 41M of recovery data?  No
>> user applications have been installed on this server yet.
>

> Most likely, but what kind of user machine doesn't have 40M of free
> disk space?

Was thinking of the case where geronimo is an embedded technology.. ISVs
generally like embedded technologies to be as small and fast as
possible.  Just seems strange that starting the server nearly doubles
the disk footprint when no user applications are installed. Any chance
of shrinking the default size for the recovery log.  Is 40M really
needed? It seems a bit excessive..