geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems building latest - xmlbeans-maven-plugin is missing
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:09:49 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>I'm wondering if this is due to my ~/build.properties file where I
>>define my own maven.repo.remote settings. So I guess this is overriding
>>the project settings.
>

> 	That sounds likely to me.

Ok, I can confirm this now - of course, it's the usual way Maven handles
properties. The build.properties in the home directory has precedence
over project properties. While this is imho in general ok, it's very
annoying that this happens to the maven.repo.remote property as well.
Anyways, disabling the property in my home build properties solved the
propblem. But I think it's still worth to mention this in the docs:
Geronimo is using it's own maven.repo.settings and you should ensure
that you don't override this in your ~/build.properties.

Thanks
Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/