geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <>
Subject Re: Where can I register SOAP Handlers?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 06:54:03 GMT

You need to register your handlers in the webservices.xml DD.  The order
of declaration is used to define the order of the handler chain. You may
want to have a look to this xsd to know where and how the handlers
should be defined in the DD: modules\j2ee-schema\src\j2ee_1_4schema.

For instance:
          <handler-class>full class name of first handler</handler-class>
          <handler-class>full class name of second handler</handler-class>

On 14/08/2005 11:30 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
> I have two Web services, one exposed via the Web container, the other
> one via the EJB container. I would like to process their SOAP headers
> and also try some WS-Security stuff. To achieve this I have written my
> own message handler which extends the
> javax.xml.rpc.handler.GenericHandler. Now, I was wondering where (in
> which DD) I have to register these Handlers. Can I also register them
> as a Handler chain?
> As for the WS-Security usage - I assume Geronimo has no implementation
> of WS-S by default? What would be the best method to integrate Apache
> WSS4J into Geronimo?
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Stefan Schmidt