geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JCA
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:16:52 GMT

On Aug 2, 2005, at 12:04 AM, Krish (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

>  Thanks for the replies. one more ? regarding the same.
>
> What about Inbound for Resource adapters. JCA 1.5 also has Inbound for
> RA? Can this be implemented?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking :-).  Activemq implements an
inbound adapter for jms.  Tranql-connector does not have an inbound
adapter framework.  For me, after my first outbound adapter (the
jaybird jca/jdbc driver for firebird) it was fairly easy to figure out
how to write more outbound adapters and eventually a generic adapter
framework (although Jeremy wrote most of tranql-connector).  However,
it is not yet obvious to me how to write an inbound adapter framework.
I'm not sure yet how appropriate one is.

thanks
david jencks