geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JCA
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:39:32 GMT
I think you misspoke a little bit...
On Aug 1, 2005, at 12:54 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 8/1/05, Krish (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> can i deploy any JCA 1.5 compliant RA in geronimo?
>>
>> Is tranql only for database persistence?
>
> Kris,
>
> TranQL can deploy any J2CA 1.5 compliant resource adapter, not just
> those for JDBC. For example, JMS ConnectionFactories, Topics and
> Queues can be deployed via a resource adapter.

Actually, geronimo can deploy any j2ca 1.5 or 1.0 compliant resource
adapter.  tranql-connector is a framework for building outbound
resource adapters oriented towards wrapping various jdbc drivers
(Driver, DataSource, ConnectionPoolDataSource, XADataSource).  While it
is possible to extend tranql to non-jdbc outbound adapters, the only
published connectors expose jdbc and wrap jdbc artifacts.

tranql itself is a kit for building persistence frameworks.  I don't
think it would be incredibly hard to adapt it to work against something
like an object database, but again currently the only published uses
are against relational databases.

david jencks