geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lenhart <jplenh...@yahoo.com>
Subject geronimo-jetty.xml file not found
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:11:58 GMT
Hi,

I am working on some demo applications.  Granted I am
very 'Green' to Geronimo but I have a couple of
issues:

1)  Downloaded and Installed (did not do the build
from source path, just downloaded 1.0-M4 tar.gz).
Unpacked it and try to just start it up using:

java -jar bin/server.jar

It appears to start up just fine.  I made the
assumption that if I went to http://localhost:8080 I
would see something.  Should I?

2)  So I went ahead and attempted to deploy a war file
from my Struts distribution.  I use struts-blank.war
that comes with the dist.  So I killed, through my
process monitor the vm I started earlier and did the
following:

java -jar bin/deployer.jar distribute struts-blank.war

What I get is:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: JAR entry
WEB-INF/geronimo-jetty.xml not found

And then it shuts down the kernel.

Now I am new to this and as such I am taking the
approach that I know people in my company would take
in looking at Geronimo.  I would like to create some
docs around how to "Get Up and Running in 2 minutes"
type of documentation.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs