geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Deepesh d <deepesh...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject RE:Error in connecting to oracle
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:11:19 GMT

Hi,

One clarification ...

It seems the authentication exception is because there
is something wrong with the InitialContext i am
creating or the JNDI name i am trying to lookup.

I need to lookup a datasource that i have deployed
separately (as OrcaleDS with the global jndi name as
jdbc/OracleDS). My application is an enterprise
application . I have not mapped this jndi name in my
openejb-jar.xml. This is mapped only in the
geronimo-web.xml (through a resource-ref with
resource-link OracleDS). I am trying to access the
datasource from a java file (used for initialising
the application) with the jndi-name
java:comp/env/OracleDS.
I am using the INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY
org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory and the
PROVIDER_URL is localhost:1099.

Am i doing anything wrong here ? Should i use another
INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY or PROVIDER_URL ? Or should i
specify a usename and password ?

Is there a way to check the jndi-tree in geronimo
(something like the jndi-view that exists in JBoss) ?

Thanks in advance ....

Send a rakhi to your brother, buy gifts and win attractive prizes. Log on to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/rakhi/index.html