geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Creating JMS Topics + JNDI
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:44:45 GMT
I'm assuming you are using a standalone client rather than a j2ee app
client.  Correct me if I am wrong.
On Jul 30, 2005, at 12:25 AM, Sami Dalouche wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> I'd like to ask one more question about my problem...
> - org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory is supposed to
> connect to a
> JNDI registry.
> So, why do we supply a URL of the form Tcp://hostname:61616 where
> 61616 is the
> JMS port.. having a 1099 (Naming) port would me more logical, wouldn't
> it ?
> As far as I understand, InitialContextFactory is supposed to connext
> to a JNDI
> registry to get  a ConnectionFactory that will use the 61616 ports for
> its
> connections, right ?

You should ask on the activemq list to be sure, but I believe the
activemq jndi implementation exists only to supply activemq artifacts
associated with one particular activemq broker.  As such, it uses
activemq transport to communicate with that broker, so naturally it
will use an activemq url.

> - I also tried to access my  JBossMQ topics with ActiveMQ, and I get
> the exact
> same problem as with Geronimo. It doesn't find the topics, which is
> weird
> because if I use the exact same code, except with JBoss client library
> (and of
> course, JBoss InitialContextFactory), everything works well..
> ( I tried the http transport since ActiveMQ doesn't seem to support
> the JBoss
> jnp protocol. )

Is there some reason you expect activemq and jbossmq to interoperate?
They might, but I've certainly never heard of such a thing and think it
pretty unlikely.

In general, questions about standalone activemq clients will get better
answers on the activemq lists, whether the broker is running in
geronimo or elsewhere.

thanks
david jencks