geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject access a BLOB coloumn from a CMP EJB
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:20:52 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to access a (MySQL) MEDIUMBLOB coloumn from a CMP EJB. There
are some tips @ Wiki but I still can't figure it out.

Here are my artefacts:

openejb-jar.xml:

<cmp-field-mapping>
                <cmp-field-name>image</cmp-field-name>
                <sql-type>BLOB</sql-type>

<type-converter>org.tranql.sql.typeconverter.SerializableConverter</type-converter>
</cmp-field-mapping>

CMP EJB fields:

public byte[] getImage();

public void setImage(byte[] image);

When trying to access this coloumn from my Session EJB :

book.getImage();

I get:

javax.transaction.TransactionRolledbackException: Unable to load data
for field
    at
org.openejb.transaction.ContainerPolicy$TxRequired.invoke(ContainerPolicy.java:126)
    at
org.openejb.transaction.TransactionContextInterceptor.invoke(TransactionContextInterceptor.java:80)
    at
org.openejb.SystemExceptionInterceptor.invoke(SystemExceptionInterceptor.java:82)
    at org.openejb.GenericEJBContainer.invoke(GenericEJBContainer.java:234)
    at
org.openejb.proxy.EJBMethodInterceptor.intercept(EJBMethodInterceptor.java:129)
    at
org.openejb.proxy.EntityEJBObject$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$227af363.getImage(<generated>)
    at com.ibm.dw.bookshop.ejb.BookShopBean.getBooks(BookShopBean.java:135)

Do I have to write my own /Type**Converter to get it right?

Could anyone provide a short example on this (preferably write it on the
wiki so everyone can see it)?

The wiki link:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Working_with_Enterprise_JavaBeans

Thanks,