geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Using the Derby Network Server for ad-hoc access to Derby application databases
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:29:03 GMT
Hi -

I've been working on a paper that demonstrates the use of an Apache
Derby database with the iBATIS JPetStore 4.0 applicaiton  deployed using
Geronimo.  Things are working well but I would like to have ad-hoc query
access via the Derby Network Server (NS) to the database while JPetStore
is running.  I have been unsuccessful connecting to the database using
the NS booted by Geronimo to support the SystemDatabase.  I am guessing
this is because the server started in a classloader that is isolated
from the classloader of the datasource used by the JPetStore.  It still
did not work (I think the datasource became non-fiunctional) when I
changed the parentId of the JPetStore datasource to
org.apache.geronimo.SystemDatabase (I'm using
org/apache/geronimo/Server).  I am using the tranql-connector-1.0-M3.rar
in the deployment.

The errror I am getting is the message that the 'database has been
booted by another instance of Derby'.  This should not happen if Network
Server and the datasource are loaded in the same classloader and JVM (an
embedded Server architecure).

I also have a couple of suggestions how to make the Network Server
implementation a little more flexible.  Should I post those to
issues/suggestions to the developer list or is there a better vehicle?