geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: applications in
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:17:35 GMT
When I attempted to deploy the magicgball.ear file I received an error
because of difficulty processing a WSDL file (I'm not familiar with
these errors but it looks like it can't reconcile the mgb prefix on the
name space mapping for mgb:askRequest .... do I need to do something to
establish a namespace for mgb? ).

Here is the message I get on deploy:
     Error: Unable to distribute magicgball.ear: Failed to read wsdl
     document caused by WSDLException (at
     /definitions/portType/operation/input): faultCode=UNBOUND_PREFIX:
     Unable to determine namespace of 'mgb:askRequest'.

I built from source with an extract from trunk that I took earlier this
morning.   I built magicGball using maven directly under magicGball.  It
seemed to build fine.   Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem
with the magicgball WSDL in trunk?

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2005, at 1:11 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>> This is an area that could use extensive cleanup.  I've never
>> understood what the MagicGBall was, it never worked for me.  I  tried
>> the "demo" a few weeks ago and it did work, but it does  essentially
>> nothing.  Removing or fixing these and installing the  samples Sing
>> Li contributed would be a good idea.... the problem is  time, at
>> least for me.
> MagicGBall works for me.  You just have to know how to ask it
> questions.  IIRC it is something like this:
> http://localhost:8080/magicGBall/ask?question=foo
> I once wrote a web form for it but, I have no idea what happened to it.
> -dain

Joe Bohn
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot

View raw message