geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Irving" <nirv...@darkedges.com>
Subject Anybody know how to auto generate an openejb-jar.xml file with Maven?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:31:14 GMT
Hi,

I know this is the wrong place for this, but it seems the logical place, as
either

a) Maven is used to compile Geronimo

b) OpenEJB is a component of Geronimo

c) Developers from apache and OpenEJB may be reading this list

d) All of the above

I have been battling to figure out my development strategy for a new app I
am developing. Previously I have been fortunate enough to use WSAD, but this
project must be run on an open source application server, and since I
believe this to better the better of the bunch, I have chosen Geronimo as
the application server.

I am trying the WTP from eclipse, but that is not complete and only performs
the basics, i.e does not auto generate the openejb-jar.xml file, but does
the ejb-jar.xml through xdoclets. So I thought I would try the maven
approach, as this is a technology I am learning as I am in the process of
porting a large number of ant files for another project. I have figured out
the process for generating all the necessary wars, jars and ears, but not
found a way to generate the openejb-jar file, other than using ant, but
since I cannot find any documentation of how to use the ant version I
thought I would ask around to see if anybody has done anything similair.

Thanks in advance

Nicholas Irving

nirving@darkedges.com