geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Irving" <nirv...@darkedges.com>
Subject RE: What am I doing wrong? EJB Deployment Errors
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:10:22 GMT
Just added

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacek Laskowski [mailto:jlaskowski@apache.org]
Sent: 10 July 2005 21:12
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: What am I doing wrong? EJB Deployment Errors

Nicholas Irving wrote:

> I am getting the following error back
>
>   Server reports: Remote interface class not found: com.zoo.Tiger
>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Remote interface
> class not found: com.zoo.Tiger

Let's take a look at the relevant piece of the standard deployment
descriptor (META-INF/ejb-jar.xml):

       <session >
          <description><![CDATA[A session bean named Tiger]]></description>
          <display-name>Tiger</display-name>

          <ejb-name>Tiger</ejb-name>

          <home>com.zoo.TigerHome</home>
          <remote>com.zoo.Tiger</remote>
          <local-home>com.zoo.TigerLocalHome</local-home>
          <local>com.zoo.TigerLocal</local>
          <ejb-class>com.zoo.TigerSession</ejb-class>
          <session-type>Stateless</session-type>

       </session>

And let's take a look at the content of the com\zoo directory where
these classes are supposed to be found:

TigerBean.class
TigerSession.class

Do you see the issue? Where are the other bean classes? The class in
question - the remote interface, com.zoo.Tiger - is not in any place
where Geronimo could find it, either in the jar itself or in the EJB
(GBean) dependencies.

I'm almost 100% sure that when you pack the whole bean correctly, the
Geronimo Deployer will do its job and deploy the bean.

Jacek