geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sami Dalouche <sko...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Creating JMS Topics + JNDI
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:25:15 GMT
Sorry,

I'd like to ask one more question about my problem...
- org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory is supposed to connect to a
JNDI registry.
So, why do we supply a URL of the form Tcp://hostname:61616 where 61616 is the
JMS port.. having a 1099 (Naming) port would me more logical, wouldn't it ?
As far as I understand, InitialContextFactory is supposed to connext to a JNDI
registry to get  a ConnectionFactory that will use the 61616 ports for its
connections, right ?

- I also tried to access my  JBossMQ topics with ActiveMQ, and I get the exact
same problem as with Geronimo. It doesn't find the topics, which is weird
because if I use the exact same code, except with JBoss client library (and of
course, JBoss InitialContextFactory), everything works well..
( I tried the http transport since ActiveMQ doesn't seem to support the JBoss
jnp protocol. )

Regards,
Sami Dalouche