geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sami Dalouche <sko...@free.fr>
Subject Creating JMS Topics + JNDI
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2005 02:05:50 GMT

Hi,

I'm currently trying to

1) Create some JMS Topics
2) Expose a ConnectionFactory + the Topics through JNDI

->

I'm using the following RA
<connector
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"
    version="1.5"
    configId="weather/jms/TopicsConfiguration"
    parentId="org/apache/geronimo/System">

  <resourceadapter>
    <!-- how to connect to the JMS Server -->
    <resourceadapter-instance>
      <resourceadapter-name>My JMS Resources</resourceadapter-name>
      <config-property-setting
name="ServerUrl">tcp://localhost:61616</config-property-setting>
      <config-property-setting name="UserName">system</config-property-setting>
      <config-property-setting name="Password">manager</config-property-setting>
      <workmanager-name>DefaultWorkManager</workmanager-name>
    </resourceadapter-instance>
    <!-- defines a ConnectionFactory -->
    <outbound-resourceadapter>
      <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
        <connectiondefinition-instance>
          <name>ConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
          <connectionmanager>
            <xa-transaction>
              <transaction-caching />
            </xa-transaction>
            <single-pool>
              <max-size>10</max-size>
              <min-size>0</min-size>
              <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                5000
              </blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
              <idle-timeout-minutes>
                0
              </idle-timeout-minutes>
              <match-one/>
            </single-pool>
          </connectionmanager>
          <global-jndi-name>
            jms/ConnectionFactory
          </global-jndi-name>
        </connectiondefinition-instance>
      </connection-definition>
    </outbound-resourceadapter>
  </resourceadapter>
  <!-- defines a Topic -->
  <adminobject>
    <adminobject-interface>
      javax.jms.Topic
    </adminobject-interface>
    <adminobject-class>
      org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic
    </adminobject-class>
    <adminobject-instance>
      <message-destination-name>jms/weatherTopic</message-destination-name>
      <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">jms/weatherTopic</config-property-setting>
    </adminobject-instance>
  </adminobject>
    <adminobject>
    <adminobject-interface>
      javax.jms.Topic
    </adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
    <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>jms/weatherRequestsTopic</message-destination-name>
      <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">jms/weatherRequestsTopic</config-property-setting>
    </adminobject-instance>
  </adminobject>
</connector>

and deploy it using :
D:\geronimo>java -jar bin\deployer.jar deploy d:\projects\weather\src\resources\
geronimo-activemq.xml repository\activemq\rars\activemq-ra-3.1-SNAPSHOT.rar
Username: system
Password: manager

Nothing appears in the Geronimo logs. I tried to brows Geronimo's JMX with MC4J,
and the only thing I could find was a DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory
My factory + topics don't seem to appear through JMX.

I also wrote a client :
I'm using Spring to get a reference to the Factory and get
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: /jms/weatherRequestsTopic not found
	at org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:257)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate$1.doInContext(JndiTemplate.java:123)

so, it looks like my topic is not exposed through JNDI ? Or even not created ?

I'm using the latest geronimo snapshot, and use the openejb 2.0 snapshot for my
client library (only this jar). Do I need something else ?

Thank you very much for your help,
Sami Dalouche