This health reporting system you describe seems to be a worthwhile project and should shed some light on how this syndication service could be structured and integrated with. I am thinking of leveraging Geronimo's support for JMX to generate the content for these feeds. Let me know if you know of a more appropriate mechanism to do this type of system introspection.

I can see some simple workflow functionality being gradually introduced into a system like this. Say the JMX health state or statistics indicated some action was required. In this case the feed content could include a link into the relevant part of the JMX console UI where some suggested actions can be presented for user execution.

Also, since images can be presented in the contents of RSS/Atom feeds there is an opportunity to present the state of the server and its services using charts and graphs!

Scott