geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Scott Anderson <portlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RSS Syndication and Aggregation
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:54:09 GMT

This health reporting system you describe seems to be a worthwhile
project and should shed some light on how this syndication service
could be structured and integrated with. I am thinking of leveraging
Geronimo's support for JMX to generate the content for these feeds.
Let me know if you know of a more appropriate mechanism to do this
type of system introspection.

I can see some simple workflow functionality being gradually
introduced into a system like this. Say the JMX health state or
statistics indicated some action was required. In this case the feed
content could include a link into the relevant part of the JMX
console UI where some suggested actions can be presented for user
execution.

Also, since images can be presented in the contents of RSS/Atom feeds
there is an opportunity to present the state of the server and its
services using charts and graphs!

Scott