geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: RSS Syndication and Aggregation
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:26:02 GMT
I have been thinking about this for a little bit now, and I'm really
excited.  What I'm thinking is we use RSS to syndicate server health
information.  For example, we could have a simple feed with an
article for each application loaded into the server, and the content
of the article is health information about the application.  This way
and admin just needs to check his RSS browser every morning to see
what is up.

Even better... we could make the system easily accessible to users,
so they could write a custom feed that contains information health
specific about their application.  I think this will lead to a lot of
innovation, and be an easy way for new users to familiarize them
selves with the internal workings of Geronimo.

I'm excited so as you said "great, why don't you get started on
that".  Is there anything I can do to help you get started?  Also I'm
normally on irc all day so if you want realtime help just connect to
#geronimo on the freenode.net.

-dain