geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Scott Anderson <portlet...@gmail.com>
Subject RSS Syndication and Aggregation
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:25:40 GMT
I would be interested in a standard "RSS Syndication/Aggregation
Service" getting included with a future Geronimo distribution. In my
mind this service would make it easy for developers and content
providers to...

1) serve up dynamically generated RSS feeds
2) subscribe to remote feeds with support for filtering and/or
combining feeds and then republishing them (XSLT?)
3) manage subscriptions
4) provide statistics on feed usage

I suspect that the Geronimo dev team's response to this request will
be something like..."great, why don't you get started on that".
Hopefully, others have been thinking along these same lines though. I
will be attempting find some time to work on a ROME GBean (https://
rome.dev.java.net/) in the short to medium term. I'll be happy to
share that code with any interested parties once I have something. No
guarantees on when that'll be.

If anyone has suggestions on how to structure this service, how to
integrate with it, or what features you think are important, I'd be
happy to hear from you here.

Scott