geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject JAX-RPC Web Service with Complex Types
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:38:09 GMT
Hi,

I have further questions regarding web services..

I have managed to get a simple method running (of type: public String
getMessage()) in on a JSE. But I am getting an Axis Fault for the
following type: public MySimpleBean[] getBeans()

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class
com.ibm.dw.reallybigpet.Category in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingDelegate@1fd270d

The WSDL element for this (simple :-)) complexType is:

<xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:http://ejb.reallybigpet.dw.ibm.com" xmlns:ns2="urn:http://arrays/com/ibm/dw/reallybigpet"
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soap11-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:tns="urn:http://ejb.reallybigpet.dw.ibm.com" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<xsd:import namespace="urn:http://arrays/com/ibm/dw/reallybigpet"/>
			<xsd:complexType name="Category">
				<xsd:sequence>
					<xsd:element name="id" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<xsd:element name="name" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
				</xsd:sequence>
			 </xsd:complexType>
		</xsd:schema>

I read in some JAX-RPC tutorial that the inclusion of the <java-xml-type-mapping> element
is not necessary in the JAX-RPC mapping file if you are using standard XML schema built-in
types with standard mapping to Java. I believe that happens with my Category bean.

Since I get the 'no serializer found' exception I was wondering where I
should specify the Category.class for the serializer to find it?

Regards,

Stefan Schmidt