geronimo-user mailing list archives

From waimun <wai...@dev.java.net>
Subject Re: Location of Database driver
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:14:20 GMT
Hi... Sorry for the late reply.

The part that is causing the error is the missing oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver.
As you can see below. I do not have a web app plan, and am not sure what it
is. If you can point me to any page, then it will be great. Is a web app plan
necessary? Let's say I have a .war from a vendor, and I want to deploy it
right away, just as it is, do I need to write a plan?

My db plan as follows (I am modifying the default-database-plan):

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"
    version="1.5"
    configId="org/apache/geronimo/DefaultDatabase"
    parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">
    <dependency>
        <uri>oracle10g/jars/ojdbc14.jar</uri>
    </dependency>
</connector>

public void registerDriver() {
try {
//Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
//ds = (DataSource) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/LcssDB");
DriverManager.registerDriver(new OracleDriver());
}  catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
}

I am not understanding the db plan even though you have told me to
include a dependency. I want the webapp just to do plain JDBC; just
getConnection(), that's all.

Thanks,
--
waimun