geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "roreilly" <rorei...@pacemetrics.com>
Subject Re: References to JMS Resources in Web.xml
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:35:05 GMT
Thanks David,
I will try that.
The reason I need to do this is that the software I'm using monitors
processes which publish state information on jms queues.
A new queue is required to monitor a new process. It is necessary to be able
to listen on a new queue without redeploying , firstly because its messy for
a third party to tweak a deployment descriptor , and secondly it would be
nice not to have to stop the app which is monitoring existing queues.
I've already deployed on weblogic, tomcat and jboss, which don't enforce the
restriction of naming the resource in the web.xml.
I'm wondering why I can't just do an adhoc lookup to an arbitrary jms
resource if I have a subject , connection factory etc,
assuming my app becomes aware such a queue has been created.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Jencks" <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
To: <user@geronimo.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: References to JMS Resources in Web.xml

basically, no, but sort of.

The various j2ee specs require that you list the resources you use in
the deployment descriptor and that the deployment process associate the
resources "needs" listed in the dd with actual resources deployed in
the app server.

That being said... if you are willing to use extremely
geronimo-specific code you can query the geronimo kernel for gbeans
following an appropriate naming pattern and find the ones wrapping a
jms managed connection factory, and get the ConnectionFactory from it.

I would think hard about why you think you need to do this.

thanks
david jencks