geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When can we expect geronimo 1.0?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 21:24:55 GMT

On May 12, 2005, at 9:27 AM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. schrieb:
>
>> On May 9, 2005, at 5:31 AM, sanjaya gayan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When can we expect a Geronimo 1.0? Is it too early to ask this
>>> question?
>>>
>> I think it's  a little early.  We're working hard to get Geronimo
>> certified first, as that's the first step to being a useful J2EE
>> 1.4  application server.
>>
> There's nothing visible on the project's website about any
> progress, so waiting time is hard.

You are right.  Our website is awful.  THanks for volunteering! :)

The problem is that we can't tell anyone outside of the certification
effort how far we are.  We can only say "we pass" or "we don't
pass".  (Keeps the industry from creating J2EE servers with "most" of
the required features....

We sure wish CORBA was optional :)

> However, the most important IMO is not, which additional features
> are supported, but when geronimo will become usable according to
> the specs, i.e. certified.

Agreed.

geir

geirm@apache.org