geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website possibilities
Date Sat, 21 May 2005 21:25:54 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
> What do people think of having a website like this one?
>
>   http://docs.openejb.org/Home
>
> Obviously, with a different look, but something with the same dynamic content.
>
> The main content comes from Confluence.
> The "Activity" section is dynamically created from Jira items.
> The "News" section is from Confluence blog posts.
> The "Recently Updated" section is a confluence macro.
> The whole thing is put together with a modified version of Confluenza.
> With mod_rewrite rules, it's still possible to have static conent.
>
> Seems to me like a good way to always have our activity show up on the website, but wihtout
having to do anything more than we are already doing.

> Any thoughts?

It seems to be much better than what we've got so far. If you know the
tool and encourage others to use it, I believe it must be the right
tool. It's enough to me to vote for it.

Would that mean that Wiki would become obsolete? Unless I'm mistaken,
Confluence is just a commercial flavour of Wiki, isn't it?

> -David

Jacek