geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo and JavaMail
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:24:10 GMT
Katia,

 From a previous message, Jeremy indicated that you will have to include
a dependency on geronimo-mail.  In
modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml, include the following:

    <dependency>
        <uri>geronimo/jars/geronimo-mail-${geronimo_version}.jar</uri>
    </dependency>

This jar contains NullTransport which send the mail message to ..
neverland.  This will permit EJBs to send mail ...

Browse Sun's web site in the J2EE section and you will find an impl of
the JavaMail API.  It will have jar file, once you have the jar file, I
would suggest you try the following:

1. Copy the jar file to
modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\repository\javamail\mail.jar
2. Change the j2ee-server-plan.xml from the above to:

    <dependency>
        <uri>javamail/mail.jar</uri>
    </dependency>

3. If you look at the mail.jar file, you will find a set of files
javamail.*.provider.  These are the definitions of the
providers/transports.  Sun's documentation will instruct you to setup
some system properties for these providers.  For example:

mail.smtp.host=mail.apache.com

A simple way to set these is on the command line:

java -Dmail.smtp.host=mail.apache.com -jar bin/server.jar .....

Hope this helps,
Mark