geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly builds?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:09:14 GMT
On 4/19/05, Luis Damián Sanabria Rodríguez <lsanabria@ieee.org> wrote:

>     I might be only my idea but there is a difference between do not give
> any information about the status of Geronimo and the J2EE certification and
> do not give any information at all.
>
>     I must admit that I do not know anything about the Sun's TCK, so I would
> like you to explain me how it prevents you from posting an anouncement in
> the web site telling the users and interested parties: we have fixed this
> errors, we have added this functionality, we have updated this components,
> we need help with this feature, etc.

There is a legally binding agreement for the J2EE 1.4 Testing
Compatibility Toolkit that restricts speaking publicly about the
certification effort or the toolkit.

A road map was started on the wiki some time ago:

http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/RoadMap

Unfortunately it hasn't been kept up to date. I'll send a message to
the dev@ list asking everyone to update this page.

>     I am sure that you know what I am going to say but I will say it anyway:
> the Open Source projects are about community. You need people to get
> involved with the development and to use the software and you won't be able
> to get that people if you don't communicate your progress.

I agree that open source is about community. I actually say that quite a lot:

http://www.jroller.com/page/bsnyder/20050419#open_source_come_for_the

I agree that we need to get people involved. What we really need are
people that can find needs and fill those needs. The only way that
this can happen is through digging and conversation on the mailing
lists. Toby's response earlier in this thread is perfect. He saw that
the web site needed to be updated so he provided a patch to update it.
I plan to commit his patch as soon as I get the web site building
again. Right now Maven runs out of memory because there are so many
modules for it to build at once, but I think I've got a solution.

Please start asking questions on the lists and we'll be happy to answer them.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/