geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <>
Subject Re: Connectivity Business Problem
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:34:47 GMT
If you have intermittent connectivity it is surely more sensible to
pull the refrence data than to attempt to push it.

Have the laptops pull the data at intervals, and record their pulls to
log their state, and what data to send in respone to their requests.

Think of your anti-virus getting its virus definitions...

The pulls could be at regular intervals or triggered by some action on
the laptop which requires the freshest data.

Using JMS would really only be a pull in disguise, the publisher would
publish to a local queue and the subscriber would poll the remote
queue for messages.

Using a timestamp on the refrence data would allow the main appserver
to validate purchase orders according to the staleness of the refrence

On Apr 7, 2005 12:08 PM, Philip Mark DONAGHY <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a business problem that I want to throw out to
> everyone. I want to send reference data to laptops
> running appservers. And I want to monitor connectivity
> so that data gets through. The laptops role is to send
> purchase orders to a main appserver.
> So before writing something that already exists, I
> thought I might consult the community for some leads.
> I think that persistent JMS messages would be useful.
> Any thoughts?
> I am stumped on monitoring connectivity and the
> management of message queue persistence for laptops
> that are currently not online.
> Thank you,
> Philip
> Fedora Core, Debian, Mandrake, Apache, XmlBeans, Castor, Jakarta, Andromda, Firefox,
Eclipse, Struts, Ant, Maven, Codehaus, Geronimo
> Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
> Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur

View raw message