geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Re: Geronimo and JavaMail
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:28:45 GMT
Katia Aresti Gonzalez wrote:
> hello everybody!!
> Ive done an applicarion with javamail, and i have deployed into geronimo. the
> thing is that it doesnt give any exception, but the email doesnt send any email.
> I know i have to put the jars of sun into Geronimo. Anybody could help me with
> this? Where do i have to put the jars so my application send emails?

My guess would be you are using the Null transport which just swallows
emails. I think that is the default one in geronimo-mail.

The simplest way to switch to Sun's transport is to replace
geronimo-mail with the RI (javamail-1.3.2 IIRC) in the j2ee-server plan.
You will need to download that from Sun's site.

View raw message