geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Deployment fail at persistent EJB
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:30:17 GMT
Hello Katia,

Comments follows.

On 15/04/2005 4:35 AM, Katia Aresti Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi!!!
>
> Here is the stack trace!!!! :-) it was in the geronimo.log!!!! i didnt
> now anything about this logs, didnt now that the could be so helpfull!!!
>
> Well, it seems that the openejb-ja.xmlr is correct? The problems is in
> another part?
>
> thanks
>
> Katia

<snip>

> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
>  at
> org.openejb.entity.cmp.CMPInstanceContextFactory.<init>(CMPInstanceContextFactory.java:127)

A guess:  at least one of the getter or setter for the persistent fields
is not abstract. Hence, could you please provide your CMP Bean
implementation?

By the way, have you defined a value for the cmp-version element in the
ejb-jar.xml file?

As an aside, let me re-iterate that there are a couple of CMP examples
in the OpenEJB CVS repo there:
modules/openejb-builder/src/test-cmp.
You will find working examples for OTO, OTM, MTM, simple and complex
primary keys and bi-directional and uni-directional CMR fields.

I strongly recommend you to:
* read some general documentations on CMP. I think that this is the
first step to have at least a pass for your exam :);
* have a look to theconfiguration files that I was talking about before.
Please, do that after having done some prior reading on CMP;
* have a look to the corresponding CMP bean implementations there (also
under the OpenEJB CVS repo):
modules/openejb-builder/src/test/org/openejb/deployment/entity/cmp; and
* finally, deploy your own CMP.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Gianny