geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Scott Anderson <portlet...@yahoo.com>
Subject deploying minimal web app
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:14:10 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> Cross context sessions are hard to get to work
right,
> but I think we have them working properly in
> geronimo/jetty with pluto.
> [...]
> Is this what you are asking for?

There has been confusion as to exactly what the
portlet spec is asking for in this area. However, one
of the issues is the one that you described, the
sharing of user session data between portlets and
servlets in the same portlet web application. The
problem was due to client requests targeting the
portal driver web application that were passed on to
portlet web apps without preserving the session id
used to register the original portlet app's session.
This is main issue I am interested in. I believe the
Tomcat team provided a solution to this in 5.5.7
release after much debate. There might still be some
related problems, but I think I need to validate the
spec for myself to get a better understanding of them.

It is good to hear that these subtle but tricky issues
are being addressed by the Jetty team too. Where can I
find information on how to configure a web app so that
it can access and contribute to this shared session
data when deployed on Geronimo/Jetty?

> Did you by any chance convert this to
>
> <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
>
> when you made it work?