geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Mason, Ross" <ross.ma...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: Writing openejb-jar.xml correctly.
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:16:27 GMT
Cheers David.  That makes a lot more sense.

Ross

	-----Original Message-----
	From: David Jencks [mailto:djencks@gluecode.com]
	Sent: Wed 13/04/2005 4:56 PM
	To: user@geronimo.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Writing openejb-jar.xml correctly.

	On Apr 13, 2005, at 8:32 AM, Mason, Ross wrote:

	> Hi,
	>
	> I'm trying to deploy a simple ejb app with one SessionBean and one
	> MDB.  The problem is I don't know how to write the openejb-jar.xml
	> file.  I've looked at a few in the openejb source but I'm struggling
	> to see how things fit together.  So far I ahve the following -
	>
	> <openejb-jar
	>     xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar"
	>     configId="org/mule/samples/ejb"
	>     parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">
	>     <enterprise-beans>
	>         <session>
	>             <ejb-name>SenderEJB</ejb-name>
	>             <jndi-name>local/SenderEJB</jndi-name>
	>         </session>
	>         <message-driven>
	>             <ejb-name>TcpReceiverMDB</ejb-name>
	>             <resource-adapter>
	>                 <resource-link>org/mule/ra/Server</resource-link>
	>             </resource-adapter>
	>         </message-driven>
	>     </enterprise-beans>
	> </openejb-jar>
	>
	> 1. I'm not entirely sure I have everything in there.
	> 2. for the session bean, I don't know what I should set the jndi-name
	> to?
	it is only used for access by non-j2ee clients including corba.  You
	can include as many as you want with whatever names you want.  See the
	openejb itests for examples.  If you only use j2ee clients (such as an
	app-client) you can leave the session out of the openejb plan
	altogether.
	> 3. should the resource-link on the MDB refer to the RAR config name or
	> some other name?
	resource-link will only work if the resource adapter is deployed in the
	same ear or as a standalone module and if it is sufficient to resolve
	uniquely.  It should be the resourceadapter-name from the ra plan:
	             <resourceadapter-name>ActiveMQ RA</resourceadapter-name>

	if the ejb-jar.xml includes all the correct activation spec info this
	should be enough configuration.

	hope this helps
	david jencks