geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: SOAP and Geronimo?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:20:47 GMT

On Apr 20, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Frank Cohen wrote:

> Hi Geronimo folk: I'm wanting to dig into Geronimo to figure out how
> to build apps with it. So far the experience building and deploying a
> simple servlet has gone well. I'm wondering when G4 will be out?

eventually :-)  Sorry, but I don't want to make any predictions right
now.
> Also, I'm wondering what the best way to build and deploy a SOAP
> service is in Geronimo M3?

There's really no web service support in M3.  Your best bet is to build
geronimo/openejb from svn/cvs.  A lot of stuff now works, especially if
you stay away from complicated type mappings, complicated
exception/fault mappings, and wrapped doc./lit.

Let us know how it goes.  Several of us are actively working on web
services right now.

thanks
david jencks