geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Building Running Deploying Feedback
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:30:22 GMT
The immediate cause of your problems is that if you start geronimo with
specific configurations listed on the command line you get only those
configurations and their ancestors.  The runtime deployer is not an
ancestor of the DebugConsole, so you managed to start a geronimo
configuration that you cannot deploy anything to.

I don't have any good ideas at the moment how to make this more user
friendly.

I suggest you either start geronimo with no configurations listed on
the command line or also include org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer

I think "no configs" will give you better results -- there are several
other configurations such as the db that you probably want :-)  The
list of configurations started automatically if none are listed is in
var/config/config.list.  Adding the debug console to this list may be
the easiest solution.

What is built and included in the default startup needs more thought
and a good deal of cleaning up.

thanks
david jencks