geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Scott Anderson <>
Subject usability
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:00:35 GMT
Since my first attempt when M3 was released, I have
been unsuccessful at building Geronimo from source. I
don't know if my timing in subsequent svn updates has
been bad or if my Mac OS X environment is to blame.
Here's the latest failure...

Element... maven:reactor
Line...... 217
Column.... 9
Unable to obtain goal [default] --
uri openorb/jars/openorb-orb-1.4.0-GERONIMO.jar not
found in repository
Total time: 31 minutes 38 seconds
Finished at: Wed Mar 30 12:29:16 PST 2005

It is not clear to me that the above failure is
specific to Maven. I would like to avoid learning
Maven if at all possible, but if the reality is that I
have to debug Maven scripts to be productive with
Geronimo-based development then I would consider this
investment. Myself, I have been very content with Ant.

I think it would be very useful if there were support
for nightly Geronimo source snapshots that are
*guaranteed* to build from a clean svn checkout. I
can't imagine getting something like this automated
would be too difficult. I am sure that Geronimo
developers would be getting much better feedback if
those that want to use what they are developing had no
barriers to getting started.

Do you Yahoo!?