geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Philip Mark DONAGHY <pmdgeron...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Building Running Deploying Feedback
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:31:00 GMT
Hello,

I've been evaluating the state of Geronimo and I was
able to build, run, and use the debug console, yet I
am blocked on deployment. I've tried ear files from
several vendors and open source projects. Andromda,
Sun j2eetutorial, and Agentis AdaptivEnterprise (my
client;) which supports JBoss. They all have errors.

I use this command to get the server started,

java -jar bin/server.jar
org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole

When trying to deploy I get the following message,

No deployer present in kernel

I use the deployment command using an AndroMDA ear,

java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy
~/soft/work/hc3d/hc3d-app-0.3.ear

I've tried restarting the server using,

java -jar bin/server.jar
org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer

Then the deployment error using the AndroMDA ear is,

Deployment failed
  Server reports:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable
to initialize EJBContainer GBean:
ejbNameArtistAssetService
        Unable to initialize EJBContainer GBean:
ejbNameArtistAssetService

org.openejb.transaction.TransactionPolicySource.getTransactionPolicy(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/openejb/dispatch/InterfaceMethodSignature;)Lorg/openejb/transaction/TransactionPolicyType;

The errors using the Sun j2eetutorial apps
ConverterApp.ear, HelloServiceApp.ear, and BankApp.ear
errors follow.

<<ConverterApp.ear>>
Deployment failed
  Server reports:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Remote
interface class not found: converter.Converter
        Remote interface class not found:
converter.Converter

<<HelloServiceApp.ear>>
Deployment failed
  Server reports:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable
to initialize EJBContainer GBean:
ejbNameHelloServiceBean
        Unable to initialize EJBContainer GBean:
ejbNameHelloServiceBean

org.openejb.transaction.TransactionPolicySource.getTransactionPolicy(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/openejb/dispatch/InterfaceMethodSignature;)Lorg/openejb/transaction/TransactionPolicyType;

<<BankApp.ear>>
Deployment failed
  Server reports:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
Unknown or ambiguous resource name query:
geronimo.server:J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=jdbc/BankDB,*
match count: 0
        Unknown or ambiguous resource name query:
geronimo.server:J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=jdbc/BankDB,*
match count: 0

The errors using ear files created using
AdaptivEnterprise follow,

<<AdaptivEnterprise>>
Deployment failed
  Server reports:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Error
parsing ejb-jar.xml
        Error parsing ejb-jar.xml
        Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: String:
'SimpleProjectTest/SimpleProjectTest-topicmdb' does
not match pattern for ejb-nameType in namespace
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error: Key
ejb-name-key@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee is
missing field with xpath: 'j2ee:ejb-name']

Hmm, the magicGball.ear also fails to deploy, this may
well be user error after all. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

Fedora Core, Debian, Mandrake, Apache, XmlBeans, Castor, Jakarta, Andromda, Firefox, Eclipse,
Struts, Ant, Maven, Codehaus, Geronimo