geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:18:57 GMT
David Blevins schrieb:

> On Feb 7, 2005, at 10:30 PM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> what about putting the release date into the release notes? BTW,
>> progress is often measured in reaching some milestones, as many users
>> don't want to build the complete software on their own, just to run it.
>>

> Don't think I follow.  The M in 1.0-M3 stands for Milestone, inspired by
> the way the Eclipse project labels their milestone releases.

Seems I've not expressed my point correctly: I just wanted to say, that
it sometimes seems to users, that progress of development has stopped,
just because there is no (milestone) release - just to encourage the
geronimo team to think about an M4 release. However, from Jeremy's reply
it seems there is currently no chance for a new release.

Regards,
Peter