geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:34:36 GMT
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:08:28 +1300, Chris Dodunski
<ChrisDodunski@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> I'm pleased to hear that you are in 'go-go-go' mode.  As someone who has
> used and supported Apache open source software for years, I was rapt
> back in 2003 to hear of the Geronimo project.  So I subscribed to the
> Geronimo mailing list, to keep up-to-date with progress.
>
> Admittedly, I was beginning to have my doubts, based on your rarely
> changing front page, and the quiet nature of the mailing list.
>
> May I be so bold as to enquire whether you expect to have a first
> production release available anytime soon?  I mean, is present activity
> mostly to do with attaining certification, rather than primary
> development work?

First, I'm going to reuse Jeremy's response to a similar question
earlier in this thread because it drives right to the heart of the
matter:

> One challenge is that we are in heavy lets-get-this-thing-certified mode and unfortunately
we are > not allowed to describe where we are in that curve. Needless to say, progress
is being made.

This explains the lack of changes to http://geronimo.apache.org/ and

My real response to anyone who sees a need that's not being filled is
to CONTRIBUTE! There is tons of work to be done and not just writing
code. Anyone can contribute by creating how-tos on the wiki, by
writing tests for code and obviously the web site could stand to be
updated. But that's only the start of it. I'm sure that other
committers can attest to many other forms of contribution that we
need.

What I'm really saying is turn your criticisms into constructive ones
and help out. Geronimo is truly community based and what we need are
more community memebers. Without an active and thriving community,
Geronimo will not succeed. Please join us in making this a success.

Bruce
);'
The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/