geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:04:27 GMT
Chris Dodunski wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm pleased to hear that you are in 'go-go-go' mode.  As someone who has
> used and supported Apache open source software for years, I was rapt
> back in 2003 to hear of the Geronimo project.  So I subscribed to the
> Geronimo mailing list, to keep up-to-date with progress.
>
> Admittedly, I was beginning to have my doubts, based on your rarely
> changing front page, and the quiet nature of the mailing list.
>
> May I be so bold as to enquire whether you expect to have a first
> production release available anytime soon?  I mean, is present activity
> mostly to do with attaining certification, rather than primary
> development work?

Attaining certification is a legal prerequisite for a production
release. We also can't say how much progress has been made.

As you can tell from the dev list, most of the development effort right
now is focusing on web-service and IIOP integration rather than servlets
or EJBs.

I'd invite you to try it out, and tell us what you do and don't like.

--
Jeremy