geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Preston L. Bannister" <pres...@bannister.us>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:35:35 GMT
Yes, I checked and noticed the commit messages (on the mailing list).
Hard to pin a specific significance - detail but no insight.

The sort-of-free Sun J2EE distribution offered on the Sun site where we
get the JSDK is going to skim off a certain percentage of folks who
might otherwise look at Geronimo.  At the other end (in some sense)
JBoss going to skim off another percentage.  Interest in lightweight
containers might take another slice.  How much does that leave?

Lack of sufficient interest is a killer for projects of this sort.  So
I'm curious :-).

David Blevins wrote:

>I don't think anyone needs to forgive you for not reading the changelog on any of our
releases or noticing the flood of commit messages from our svn repository.

>If you want to do a better job at trolling, you might want to avoid trying to portray
the "Sun J2EE distribution" as something that is a major force in the market.  What iPlanet
do you live on :)

--
Preston L. Bannister
preston@bannister.us <mailto:preston@bannister.us>