geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Preston L. Bannister" <pres...@bannister.us>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:32:13 GMT
On 11/10/2004 Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> The 1.0-M3 release is cut

The "News" on the Core Developers <http://www.coredevelopers.net/news/>
website is from 2003.  The rate of progress on Geronimo is hard to
determine, but seems somewhere between slow and dead.  Forgive me for
being skeptical, but it is starting to look like this project is on the
wrong side of the power curve.

Not that I'd mind if proven wrong ... :).

Is this project really going somewhere, or have the early participants
found they cannot afford the needed time?

Between JBoss on one end, Sun's J2EE distribution, and interest in
lighter-weight containers, is this project still relevant?

--
Preston L. Bannister
preston@bannister.us <mailto:preston@bannister.us>