geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deploy tool
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:55:28 GMT
Petr Hejl wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm begginner in j2ee. I have one war module with minimal web.xml and
> geronimo-jetty.xml (in WEB-INF of course), when I deploy it everything
> works fine on geronimo and sun app server. When I use this file in ear,
> again with minimal application.xml and geronimo-appliation.xml (in
> META-INF), this works only in sun app server, but not in geronimo -
> gives strange message "No deployer found..."

First guess is that we are not looking inside the WAR for the
geronimo-jetty.xml file when it is embedded inside the EAR - I think
this is by intent.

One option would be to copy the web-app element from that file into the
geronimo-application.xml file e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application"
configId="test3"
parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">

	<module>
		<web>test3.war</web>
     <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming"
configId="test3">

	<context-root>test3</context-root>

<context-priority-classloader>true</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>
	</module>
</application>

Apologies for the formatting.

You do not need to include these files inside the archives themselves
(which makes things easier IMHO) - you would deploy them externally
using something like

java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy myear.ear g-app.xml

Hope this helps
--
Jeremy