geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Deploy tool
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:35:53 GMT
On Feb 1, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Hari Kodungallur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it is looking inside the geronimo-jetty.xml file in the WAR
> which is in an EAR. I have done a few such tests and I did not have any
> problems.
>
> One thing that seems wrong in Petr's attachments is the
> geronimo-application.xml file. The module element, if present, needs a
> <web> element and either a <alt-dd> element or the entire <web-app>

> from
> geronimo-jetty.xml as Jeremy suggested. I believe the <module> element
> can be removed, if appropriate vendor DDs are present in each of the
> modules.
>
> I tried a simple web-app with the Petr's DDs and it throws an "Invalid
> DD". Everything works fine when I remove the <module> from
> geronimo-application.xml. I am unsure where the "No deployer found"
> error is coming from.

Ah that sounds right.  You don't need to have the module declaration in
the geronimo-application.xml file unless you are going to include
either an alt-dd or a web-app element.  Here is a snippit from the
geronimo-application xsd:

     <xs:complexType name="moduleType">
         <xs:sequence>
             <xs:choice>
                 <xs:element name="connector" type="geronimo:pathType"/>
                 <xs:element name="ejb" type="geronimo:pathType"/>
                 <xs:element name="java" type="geronimo:pathType"/>
                 <xs:element name="web" type="geronimo:pathType"/>
             </xs:choice>
             <xs:choice>
                 <xs:element name="alt-dd" type="geronimo:pathType"/>
                 <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
             </xs:choice>
         </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>

So you need either the alt-dd or vendor dd in the module type.

-dain