geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:08:57 GMT
I don't think anyone needs to forgive you for not reading the changelog on any of our releases
or noticing the flood of commit messages from our svn repository.

If you want to do a better job at trolling, you might want to avoid trying to portray the
"Sun J2EE distribution" as something that is a major force in the market.  What iPlanet do
you live on :)

-David

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 08:32:13PM -0800, Preston L. Bannister wrote:
> On 11/10/2004 Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
> >The 1.0-M3 release is cut
>

> The "News" on the Core Developers <http://www.coredevelopers.net/news/>
> website is from 2003.  The rate of progress on Geronimo is hard to
> determine, but seems somewhere between slow and dead.  Forgive me for
> being skeptical, but it is starting to look like this project is on the
> wrong side of the power curve.
>
> Not that I'd mind if proven wrong ... :).
>
> Is this project really going somewhere, or have the early participants
> found they cannot afford the needed time?
>
> Between JBoss on one end, Sun's J2RE distribution, and interest in
> lighter-weight containers, is this project still relevant?
>
> --
> Preston L. Bannister
> preston@bannister.us <mailto:preston@bannister.us>
> http://bannister.us/preston.bannister/
> pbannister on Yahoo Messenger
> Phone: 949.588.0872

 LocalWords:  Bannister Dain Sundstrom website Geronimo JBoss pbannister Yahoo