geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Chris Dodunski <ChrisDodun...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:08:28 GMT
Hi David,

I'm pleased to hear that you are in 'go-go-go' mode.  As someone who has
used and supported Apache open source software for years, I was rapt
back in 2003 to hear of the Geronimo project.  So I subscribed to the
Geronimo mailing list, to keep up-to-date with progress.

Admittedly, I was beginning to have my doubts, based on your rarely
changing front page, and the quiet nature of the mailing list.

May I be so bold as to enquire whether you expect to have a first
production release available anytime soon?  I mean, is present activity
mostly to do with attaining certification, rather than primary
development work?

Regards,

Chris.

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 20:37, David Blevins wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:18:57AM +0100, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
> > David Blevins schrieb:
> >
> > >Don't think I follow.  The M in 1.0-M3 stands for Milestone, inspired by
> > >the way the Eclipse project labels their milestone releases.
> > >

> > Seems I've not expressed my point correctly: I just wanted to say, that
> > it sometimes seems to users, that progress of development has stopped,
> > just because there is no (milestone) release - just to encourage the
> > geronimo team to think about an M4 release. However, from Jeremy's reply
> > it seems there is currently no chance for a new release.
> >

> Got it.  I feel you pain.  I'd love to push out another release, but the last one took
Aaron, Dain and I the better part of a week (and we still messed up the source tar).  Right
now, we're in go-go-go mode and breaking that momentum for a release wouldn't be a good thing.