geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Preston L. Bannister" <pres...@bannister.us>
Subject Re: JavaWorld Article and Certification Claims
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:07:30 GMT
I think what you wanted to say was:

    When released, Geronimo will be the first J2EE-certified
    */unrestricted/* open source server.

The summary line is sufficiently accurate - as both JBoss and GPL try to
apply restrictions of various forms.  This I believe is more-or-less the
essence of the issue, and why the Apache License is preferable.

You can elaborate within the body of the article - preferably at the
very end to avoid confusing readers up front sometimes subtle issues.
You might want a short paragraph describing why the Apache License is
preferable for businesses to GPL, LGPL, or the JBoss license (and
trademarks).

As it stands in the article
<http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2004/jw-1213-geronimo.html>
your summary line *is* inaccurate :).