geronimo-user mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Building and debugging Geronimo with Eclipse
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 02:25:42 GMT
I am just starting to look at using the m:eclipse maven target, so I can
hopefully easily build and debug Geronimo in Eclipse.

Is anyone using eclipse regularly for Geronimo development.  If so, would
you be nice enough to give an overview of how you update, build and debug
(e.g. do you do it all from eclipse, if not, why?).  Do you use the
Subversion support in Eclipse e.g. to generate a patch or do you use the
command line?

The section on using the m:eclipse maven target in
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/FrequentlyAskedQuestions has a script that
excludes the CVS directories adds the xmlbeans generated code to the
projects.  This could be a bit out of date because:

* The script doesn't also exclude the .svn directories (now we are using
Subversion for Geronimo)
* Reading the Maven Eclipse plug-in documentation, section "Generated
Source Code" it seems that if Geronimo placed its generated sources in
target/generated-sources (mentions that this is how it will be done in
Maven2) the plug-in will look there.  Anyone have any comments on this?
See http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/eclipse/ for details.

Thanks,

John