geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: installing geronimo over one already installed tomcat
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:44:09 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:
> Actually, I just got the first step in security integration for Tomcat
> in for review from Alan.  There is still a long way to go for full
> Tomcat integration.

Hi Jeff, et al.

I remember your message about security stuff. Would you take down what
has been done? I've recently upgraded Tomcat libs to 5.5.4 version, so
they may help your work even more. See the revision 106911 for more
details. I'm now being taken up with tomcat-builder, so that the silly
webapp dir will finally be removed.

On to the question of 'installing Geronimo over one already installed
Tomcat' I think it's a matter of specifing correct values CATALINA_HOME,
CATALINA_BASE and CATALINA_CONFIG in tomcat-plan.xml and it should work
fine. That indeed gives only a possibility to run both in the same JVM,
but keep in mind that that's it. No other integration exists yet (no
single security layer, no transactions, no common deployment, etc.)

> Jeff

Jacek