geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: installing geronimo over one already installed tomcat
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:32:52 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Sérgio M. Basto wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have already one tomcat running with many webapps.
>> Now I need support for EBJ
>> Can I install geronimo over this Tomcat 5.0.28 ?
>

> Hi,
>
> Theoreticaly yes. There's a preliminary integration between Geronimo and
> Tomcat where Tomcat acts as a standalone servlet container without any
> knowleadge about its environment, i.e. the available Geronimo services.
>
> Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat.

FWIW, Jeff Genender (a friend of mine) told me that the real Tomcat
integration was just completed in the last few days and is waiting for
it to be checked in to SVN. I believe that this task is on Alan's plate
because he worked with Jeff to complete this work.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'