geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Building and debugging Geronimo with Eclipse
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:50:04 GMT
On 19/11/2004 1:25 PM, sissonj@insession.com wrote:

>Is anyone using eclipse regularly for Geronimo development.  If so, would
>you be nice enough to give an overview of how you update, build and debug
>(e.g. do you do it all from eclipse, if not, why?).  Do you use the
>Subversion support in Eclipse e.g. to generate a patch or do you use the
>command line?

Hello John,

I am also an Eclipse user. The way I am using Eclipse may not be the
best one; anyway, this is how I am working:
* I update my code via the svn command line. I have not tried the
SubVersion plugin; so I can not tell you much about it;
* I use the maven eclipse plugin to generate the .project and .classpath;
* I mount only the modules that I am interested in. Actually, I have
mounted all of them and I close/re-open them if needed; and
* I debug from eclipse.

Regarding this latter, the main properties to define are:
* project: geronimo-system;
* Main class: org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon;
* working directory: modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT; and
* classpath: only one User Entries,
modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\bin\server.jar.

I hope it helps,
Gianny